Heavy metal poisoning is a life-threatening risk. Heavy metals are found naturally in the environment, foods, medicines, and even water. Not only that, but these harmful metals can get into your system in a variety of ways. For example, one may inhale them in, ingest them, or absorb them through the skin. If too many of these metals get into your body, it may cause heavy metal poisoning. This often leads to serious health problems, including but not limited to, organ damage, behavioral changes, and cognitive difficulties. This test measures the level of 10 potentially harmful metals in your body.