X-Ray Middle Ear
Also known as Tympanic Cavity X-Ray.
- Bone loss (chronic bone suppuration) with the disintegration of the ossicular chain
- Chronic purulent middle ear inflammation
- Equilibrium diseases such as Ménière's disease
- Hearing loss/reduction
- Chronic middle ear ventilation disorders
- Possible disruption of the ossicular chain
- Transmission of the fracture lines with facial nerve canal
- If you are pregnant or think you might be, inform your physician and radiologist to discuss the exposure limit for the developing fetus.
- Remove any jewelry, metal objects, or clothing that might distort the radiographic image.
- Consult the X-ray technician if you wear any on-body devices such as an insulin pump or have metal implants from prior surgeries