Alpha Fetoprotein AFP
AFP, Total AFP, AFP-L3%
- He or she suspects that the patient has liver cancer or certain cancers linked to the ovaries or testicles. Cancer may be suspected by the doctor if lumps are felt in the abdominal area during a physical exam or when imaging tests , detect possible tumors.
- The patient has been diagnosed with and treated for cancer related to the liver, testicles, or ovaries.
- The doctor is monitoring the effectiveness of treatment in a patient with cancer-related to the liver, testicle, or ovaries
- When the patient is being monitored for cancer recurrence
- He or she wants to follow up when the patient has chronic hepatitis or liver cirrhosis
Tumor Markers, Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA), CA-125, hCG Tumor Marker, Des-gamma-carboxy prothrombin (DCP)